Spitfire replica contact

Rick W

Question

21 answers to this question

Ages ago I asked if anyone had the contact details for the guy who owned and ran the lifesize Spitfire replica. I cant find the post, can someone give me a contact please. Thanks.

What do you need to know as its my Girlfriends dad who makes them all ????

Tell more! :wow:

The Spit and Hurricane are made from molds taken from real aircraft back in the 70s and the ME109 was scratch built last year using drawings and a Airfix plastic model kit. It has wooden ribs and sections and is then skinned to give it its shape. All are 1.1 scale but alot of people think the ME109 isnt as its so small compared to the Hurricane.

That wasnt the one I was on about but its still a good link, and I may well enquire. There was another rep Spitfire, a non flying one, which was a static display but had a running engine.

Are you sure, I'm sure the War & Peace Spitfire had a running engine:cool2:

Something went wrong...

The Spit and Hurricane are made from molds taken from real aircraft back in the 70s and the ME109 was scratch built last year using drawings and a Airfix plastic model kit. It has wooden ribs and sections and is then skinned to give it its shape. All are 1.1 scale but alot of people think the ME109 isnt as its so small compared to the Hurricane.

Ive been looking for this as well! Do you have any drawings or plans that are available so that one could reproduce the 109?

That was the one Lee, thanks. Any contact details for this?

I am fairly sure that this aircraft is the one owned by my good friend Mr Graham Adlam, located in Taunton Somerset. He is also proprieter of the Spitfire spares website. He does weddings/parties/barmitzvas/military shows, all over the place.

Google "Spitfire Spares" and you will find contact details,

Hope this helps, Cheers, Tim.

Ive been looking for this as well! Do you have any drawings or plans that are available so that one could reproduce the 109?

You can get some from here

http://www.fighter-plane-blueprints-plans.co.uk/Sales-List-Inventory-Aircraft.php

If you go down to item B18 sounds like toy get enough to almost make the real thing.

Mike

On another note, it strikes me that building a replica, it would be easier to use as a base model one that was covered in canvas rather than a steel bodied aircraft, for authenticity. Apart from the Hurricane and the biplanes were there any Axis fighters, ie ME109 or Focke Wulf which were canvas bodied? It would be easier to make a canvas bodied one than steel. Failing that, how would you replicate a steel body over wooden formers without looking like canvas?

On another note, it strikes me that building a replica, it would be easier to use as a base model one that was covered in canvas rather than a steel bodied aircraft, for authenticity. Apart from the Hurricane and the biplanes were there any Axis fighters, ie ME109 or Focke Wulf which were canvas bodied? It would be easier to make a canvas bodied one than steel. Failing that, how would you replicate a steel body over wooden formers without looking like canvas?

Even the Hurricane is part metal skinned.

Cannot think of anything that was canvas. I may of course missed something totally obscure.

Mike